Join Hamilton County 4-H
The network of families that grows great kids.
Raising great kids is a challenging task, but it's easier when you have a team of people behind you. 4-H clubs are groups of families that do just that. Through working together, families share knowledge and interests to help kids learn practical skills and important values.
Are you interested in Joining 4-H?
Consider visiting your local clubs to see which club you'd like to join. There are also specific project related activities throughout the year for various projects.
To enroll you just need to turn in a Participation Form, choose a club, and enroll Online. For instructions on enrolling online please use the brochure or for specific instructions go here How to Create Your Family (word) or(PDF). Once you have enrolled and turned in your participation form to the Extension Office you will receive a packet of New 4-H Family information!
For information on your local Clubs call the Extension Office at 620-384-5225
Does it cost anything?
Your out of pocket costs for participating in 4-H will include one or more of the following types of expenses:
- Project Book/Resources — Project books/resources may be available through your county Extension office, so ask your 4-H staff member.
- Project Items — Supplies, materials, equipment, animals, facilities and other resources needed to complete the 4-H project learning experience.
- County Activity Fee — Per member fee determined by the County 4-H Program.
- Club Dues/Fees — Per member fee charged by some clubs used towards refreshments, project book costs, Fair pass, club t-shirt, supplemental insurance, etc. Please ask the club advisor about their 4-H club fee structure.
- 4-H Events & Opportunities — Fees charged for participation in events and opportunities such as camps, workshops, conferences, trips, etc.
What are the benefits?
Members learn life skills, make new friends, enhance self-esteem, achieve personal goals, develop positive relationships with peers and volunteers, and have fun learning and sharing as a family and a club.